Challenges June 2020
Projects with Challenges
This is the list of Lightning Network related projects that registered for this HackSprint (please contact @rootzoll on twitter to add your project):
Github issues with label "hackathon": github.com/rootzoll/raspiblitz
- Test v1.6RC1 DOWNLOAD
- openoms: finishing the dialog GUI for joinmarket
- rootzoll: detailing concept "RaspiBlitz for Local Community Action"
Video helping you to get started with RaspiBlitz development: https://youtu.be/qTHDkFppsz0
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/raspiblitz
- openoms: Joinmarket dialog GUI details
- 21isenough: ZeroTier integration details
- fusion44: Alternative Touchscreen/Dashboard Video
frennkie build for the last hacksprint https://github.com/frennkie/django-ip2tor and its now integrated into the RaspiBlitz v1.6RC1 to test out DOWNLOAD. So this challange is for people that have a RaspiBlitz to play with and like to test the IP2Tor-Tunnel service and help with feedback.
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/x-tor2ip-tunnelservice
- Presentation on IP2TOR & RaspiBlitz Integration (frennkie & rootzoll)
- Testing with RaspiBlitz v1.6RC1 (Emzy & Jeff)
Contribute to the book Mastering the Lightning Network
Andreas, Roasbeef and Rene have blocked time on the weekend to work on mastering the Lightning Network! So you can go to https://github.com/lnbook/lnbook and check their current progress. Quite some fundamental chapters of the book are written and the authors will be happy if you read them and give feedback. This could include:
- Feedback that something was too complicated, easy, boring, repetitive, poorly written or just awesome and should not change (:
- You can look at our current structure and pick up chapters or sections and just write some text
- Check the examples and pictures. Do we need better / more graphics and examples?
- Are we missing topics?
- Does the structure and read threat of the book make sense to you?
- even just improving the language to make it more simple, improve the grammer and spelling would be very welcome.
- Try running the Docker images and examples and give us feedback about that.
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/mastering-the-lightning-network
- Mastering Lightning is making progress and seeking more input / feedback from people (:
Bowser DIY HWW
The bitcoins are in the other castle!
If you have an M5Stack, why not try making the Bowser DIY Hardware Wallet.
See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG1zrlAVdys
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/bowser-wallet
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/x-lnbits
In a push to get lnbits new update out and extend its functionality, x2 0.02btc bounties are available for anyone developing extensions. If you're interested in making an extension, pop into the stream for a chat. If the community likes the idea, you can make it and on completion get one of the bounties!
see video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnHz6NbTgZg
Interface for standard banking software via FinTS
Merchants accepting Bitcoin (over Lightning) need an easy way to integrate transactions into their existing bookkeeping software. Like you can connect your bank account to your bookkeeping software by the FinTS it would be great of you can connect your Lightning Node (running on a RaspiBlitz) to that software and manage your Bitcoin Holdings as a "Foreign Currency Account".
The GitHub-Issue with details: https://github.com/rootzoll/raspiblitz/issues/1186
There is a 0.03 BTC bounty to create a small server software (running on a lightning node) that implements a subset of the FinTS standard to connect and manage your Lightning transactions with a FinTS supporting bookkeeping software.
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/x-fints-server
A DIY-Lightning Coin ATM - coins in, sats out
Documentation DIY: https://docs.lightningatm.me
Github issues with label "hackathon": github.com/21isenough/LightningATM (Python)
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/x-lightningatm
- Many new users in our LightningATM - Buidl Telegram Chat
- Many direct messages with user who will start building
- Looking for Python-contributors ;-)
- Guides Public at https://docs.lightningatm.me
Github issues with label "hackathon":github.com/ZeusLN/zeus (Typescript / React-Native)
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/x-zeus
- Debugging of v0.3.0 release
- good discussion on UX
- continued progress on onboarding screens
This is the new name for the cheapnode project: Building the cheapest possible bitcoin fullnode (+lightning and other services) on old Android phones.
Help wanted on Github issues with label "hacksprint"
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/x-weenode
Frontend for rubygems Donations
DemoVideo of Backend: https://asciinema.org/a/9MfCfcKLaKu4mp4lT9w4XHr2d?autoplay=1
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/x-rubygems-donations
Python Bitcoin block information, transactions, send message to Space and more.
Github issues with label "hackathon":github.com/curly60e/pyblock (Python)
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/pyblock (available just sunday)
Rust Lightning Network node
Another LN node? Why we need it?
The problem with the existing Lightning node implementations is their very limited extensibility for such things as:
- future LN upgrades (channel factories, pay-to-ec-point, taproot),
- protocols on top of LN (layer 3), like DLCs on LN  or proposed Lightspeed payments , which require modification on the structure of the commitment transaction.
We will try to build a node that is highly modular and is ready for the future LN extensions. More information here: https://github.com/LNP-BP/lnpd
We will continue the Rust LN node development based on LNP/BP library; for more details you can refer our project backlog and todo issues here: https://github.com/LNP-BP/lnp-node/projects/1
During the hackathon we are planning to:
- Refactor LNP node with the latest developments from LNP/BP Standards Association:
- Use the new LNP networking protocol stack from rust-lnpbp library for note IPCs, RPCs and P2P
- Use LNP API tools and API code derive macros for doing API all requests
- Finalize P2P networking layer
Check https://github.com/LNP-BP/lnp-node/projects/1 for details!
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/x-rust-ln-node
SendMany is an app to remotely connect to your LND node and use it from your phone - including chat over LN.
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/x-keysendsendmany (available just sunday)
OmniBOLT -- Facilitate smart assets lightning transactions
OmniBOLT is a lightning network specification, enabling faster and lower cost transactions of smart crypto assets, providing more flexible contracts for upper layer decentralized finance applications OBD implements the OmniBOLT specification.
Chatroom to get started: https://mm.fulmo.org/fulmo/channels/omnibolt----facilitate-smart-assets-lightning-transactions
Request-invoice c-lighting plugin
A simple plugin that creates a lightweight, secure http server/api to create invoices for services like tip-bots and anonymous donations.
1. create Onion service for this. 2. Create demo tipbot. https://github.com/lightningd/plugins/pull/90
Need more ideas?
Looking for yet another idea to build a small LApp? Check out Ideas for LApps!
Adding your Project
Feel free to add a challenge yourself! Ask Jeff or Rootzoll on the Mattermost for the password to edit the Wiki-Page. If you have a GitHub Repo best practice is to put the label "hackathon" (yellow) next to issues you like people to join/help for the weekend. If you added a challenge please also get in touch on Mattermost for more information and collaboration.