Challenges May 2020
How to participate
If you like to get a better overview of the challengers, join the kickoff live stream. You may also join later on.
Most projects listed their challenges as sprint issues on Github, simply comment on those that you are interested in and the project mentors should get back to you.
Also register on https:/mm.fulmo.org and let us know in the channel "Lightning HackSprint" what you like to work on.
Projects with Challenges
This is the list of Lightning Network related projects that registered for the HackSprint so far:
Github issues with label "hackathon": github.com/rootzoll/raspiblitz
Github issues with label "hackathon": github.com/21isenough/LightningATM
RTL (Ride The Lightning)
Quickening - Room77 Point of Sale
Lightning Spam Protection
The Eye of Satoshi (python-teos)
Github issues with label "hackathon": github.com/talaia-labs/python-teos
Integrate c-lightning as swap client (and more): https://github.com/ExchangeUnion/xud/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Ahackathon
getroutevia: a c-lightning plugin for route search with restrictions
Find routes that satisfy additional criteria, for instance, must [not] go through certain nodes. More info and discussion here: https://github.com/s-tikhomirov/getroutevia/issues/1
Rust Lightning network node
Another LN node? Why we need it?
The problem with the existing Lightning node implementations is their very limited extensibility for such things as:
- future LN upgrades (channel factories, pay-to-ec-point, taproot),
- protocols on top of LN (layer 3), like DLCs on LN or proposed Lightspeed payments, which require modification on the structure of the commitment transaction.
We will try to build a node that is highly modular and is ready for the future LN extensions. More information here: https://github.com/LNP-BP/lnpd
During the hackathon we will try to:
- compose core architecture with non-blocking multithreading
- add lightning network wire protocol
- implement BOLT-9 (using rust-lightning it should be simple)
- implement BOLT-1: do connection to other LN nodes + send/receive `connect`, `ping` & `ping` messages
- (optionally) implement gossip protocol
Adding your Project
Feel free to add a challenge yourself! The wiki is open to any Bolter (you'll figure out how to edit.) Get in touch on Mattermost for more information and collaboration.